Eleven extra folks have died because of the Coronavirus, the newest figures from the Well being Safety Surveillance Centre (HPSC) have proven
It brings to 1,592 the demise toll from the virus up to now, for the reason that first case of COVID-19 was confirmed on February 29 final.
The HPSC confirmed that, as of 11am at the moment (Friday), Might 22, it has been notified of 115 confirmed new circumstances of COVID-19. There have now been a complete of 24,506 optimistic COVID-19 check ends in the Republic of Eire.
Wednesday, Might 20, is the newest date for which county by county figures can be found. They present 804 confirmed circumstances of the virus up to now in County Cavan and 489 in County Monaghan. These figures confirmed no new circumstances in Cavan in comparison with the day prior to this and only one in Monaghan.
The HSE is working to determine any contacts the sufferers might have had to supply them with data and recommendation to stop additional unfold.
Information from the HPSC, as of midnight, Wednesday, Might 20 (24,351 circumstances), reveals:
• 57% are feminine and 43% are male
• the median age of confirmed circumstances is 48 years
• 3,194 circumstances (13%) have been hospitalised
• Of these hospitalised, 393 circumstances have been admitted to ICU
• 7,791 circumstances are related to healthcare staff
• Dublin has the best variety of circumstances at 11,794 (48% of all circumstances) adopted by Cork with 1,398 circumstances (6%) after which Kildare with 1,383 circumstances (6%)
• Of these for whom transmission standing is understood: group transmission accounts for 60%, shut contact accounts for 37%, journey overseas accounts for 3%
The Nationwide Public Well being Emergency Group met at the moment (Friday 22 Might) to assessment Eire’s ongoing response to COVID-19.
Dr Tony Holohan, chief medical officer, Division of Well being, stated; “At present NPHET really helpful that the HSE construct on the very vital work up to now in increasing the testing capability, to make sure that there’s an built-in and coordinated scientific and public health-informed strategy to the institution and implementation of a nationwide testing technique.”
Dr Ronan Glynn, deputy chief medical officer, Division of Well being, stated; “Analysis performed on behalf of the Division of Well being reveals that 86% of individuals price their data on learn how to stop the unfold of COVID-19 as excessive. That is important data for all of society to have and use as we transfer safely by means of the phases forward.”
Dr Siobhán Ni Bhriain, guide psychiatrist and built-in care lead HSE, stated; “Particular person well being is rarely extra essential than it’s throughout this time of pandemic. I’d encourage each member of society to register with a GP and set up an entry level to the healthcare system.”
*Validation of knowledge on the HPSC has resulted within the denotification of two deaths. The determine of 1,592 deaths displays this.