KFC is to reopen 500 branches throughout the UK, following within the footsteps of rivals McDonald’s, Subway and Burger King.
The fast-food chain mentioned round 50% of eating places will probably be again in enterprise by Friday, working a restricted menu for deliveries solely.
This may permit eating places to function in step with social distancing, permitting only a handful of workers in shops at anyone time.
KFC has been slowly reopening eating places throughout the UK for both house supply, drive-thru or click on and acquire over the previous fortnight.
Final week, the fried hen chain mentioned it was reopening 16 eating places for takeaway in particular person.
Nevertheless, eating areas stay closed, as per Authorities tips on how hospitality companies can function through the coronavirus pandemic.
KFC mentioned its house supply choices will probably be accessible by way of Deliveroo, Simply Eat and Uber Eats.
Keep in mind that you’re going to have to pay a supply payment on high of your meals order, relying on how distant you’re out of your nearest restaurant.
Clients are being suggested to verify the KFC web site to seek out out if their native department is open – some are providing deliveries, whereas others are working a drive-thru and click on and acquire mannequin solely.
The quick meals chain introduced it was closing all branches on March 23 because of the coronavirus disaster.
Which drive-thru branches at the moment are open?
KFC opened drive-through lanes at 55 of its eating places final week, permitting prospects to come back and decide up their meals themselves.
The quick meals chain had already reopened 100 of its branches, however up to now they’d been for supply solely.
“We have been working exhausting to responsibly reopen our eating places and now we’re spreading our wings a little bit additional,” KFC mentioned in a press release.
“In keeping with Authorities recommendation, we have determined to open the drive-thru lanes at 55 of our UK eating places which are already open for supply.”
KFC emphasised that it was being cautious in the way it managed reopenings, with strict new guidelines and hygiene measures in place.
KFC UK managing director Paula MacKenzie mentioned: “This subsequent stage permits us to proceed to supply wider entry to sizzling meals for many who want it most, whether or not that’s key staff after a protracted shift or these working from house who want a fast, inexpensive dinner for the household.
“I’m massively appreciative of our crew members who’ve returned to work – it’s a difficult time for everybody, however we’re so glad to play our half in serving to to feed the nation.”
The chain added that the newly opened eating places additionally imply it may well donate extra of its meals to the NHS and key staff.
“We’ll be capable of proceed to ship 10,000 meals every week in partnership with Deliveroo – so as to add to the 13,000 we’ve already donated,” the chain mentioned.
Open for supply and drive-through
- Aldershot – Ash Street
- Hulme – Greenheys Lane West
- Portsmouth – Pompey Centre
- Birmingham – New Oscott
- Heaton Chapel – Monarch Leisure Park
- Tamworth – Ventura Retail Park
- Enfield – Coliseum Retail Park
- Glasgow – Nice Western Retail Park
- Glasgow – Pollokshaws Street
- Wolverhampton – Bentley Bridge Pleasure Pk
- Birmingham – Nice Bridge Retail Pk
- Bury – Moorgate Retail Park
- Romford – Colchester Street
- Tyburn – Kingsbury Street
- Norwich – Mile Cross Lane
- Grimsby – Birchin Method
- Oxley – Bushbury Lane
- Bloxwich – Leamore Lane
- Wythenshawe – Rowlands Method
- East Kilbride – Kingsgate Retail Park
- Slough – Farnham Street
- Colindale – The Hyde
- Alperton – Western Avenue
- Rochdale – Kingsway Retail Park
- Manchester Fort Buying Park
- Farnworth – Albert Street
- Ipswich – Cardinal Park
- Ashford – Eureka Leisure Park
- Broadstairs – Westwood Retail Park
- Dover – Honey Wooden Retail Park
- Wakefield – Westgate Retail Park
- Glasgow – Nitshill Street
- Northampton – Towcester Street
- Sheffield – Queens Street
- Leyton – Lea Bridge Street
- Weymouth – Jubilee Shut
- Bristol – Avonmeads Retail Park
- Oldbury – Wolverhampton Street
- Wolverhampton – Penn Street Retail Park
- Durham – Metropolis Retail Park
- Scunthorpe – Lakeside Retail Park
KFC eating places open for supply solely:
- Manchester – Deansgate
- Brighton – Western Street
- Putney – Excessive Road
- Mornington Crescent
- Hammersmith – Kings Road
- Birmingham – Martineau Place
- Wrexham – St Georges Crescent
- Southampton – Above Bar Road
- Lancaster – Penny Road
- Whitechapel – Excessive Road
- Brighton – London Street
- Bournemouth – Winborne Street
- Poole – Ashley Street
- Gillingham – Canterbury Road
- Edinburgh – South Charlotte Road
- Plymouth – Mutley Plain
- Epsom – Excessive Road
- London – Walworth Street
- Ashford – Middlesex
- Ealing – The Mall
- Crawley – Excessive Road
- Hastings – Wellington Place
- Woolwich – Thomas Road
- Northampton – Alexander Terrace
- Leyton – Excessive Street
- Hayes Finish – Uxbridge Street
- Cardiff – Queen Road
- Penge – Excessive Road