A young person suffered third-degree burns to her face after lice shampoo she had been utilizing caught fireplace.
4 years in the past, Aleema Ali, from Bradford, returned residence from boarding college with head lice.
In a bid to do away with them, she utilized ‘Full Marks Resolution’, a medicated shampoo to her hair, shortly after which she went into the kitchen the place her mum was cooking.
Not realising the product was extremely flammable, Aleema’s hair abruptly caught fireplace and her whole head and face had been engulfed in flames.
Aleema, who was 12 on the time, was rushed to the hospital the place she was positioned in intensive care and put right into a coma for the following two months.
Wanting again at that horrifying incident, Aleema, now 16, mentioned: “I went to the kitchen to get to the bin and while I used to be strolling previous, my hair caught fireplace as the medication was extraordinarily flammable.
“I panicked and went to a state of shock and the one factor I may suppose was, ‘I will die’.
“I used to be in a coma for 2 months so there was no quick response. They slowly constructed up the period of time I used to be awake.”
Aleema, who’s now a full-time A-level pupil, suffered third-degree burns on 55 % of her physique, together with her face, head, arms, chest, thighs, abdomen, again, and palms – dropping seven fingers.
It was a protracted, agonising highway to restoration for Aleema – and it isn’t over but.
She mentioned: “Each day, I’ve to do nebulisers, humidifiers, strain clothes, splits, lotions, medicine and rather more.
“I’ve had lots of of surgical procedures earlier than and can hopefully have extra sooner or later.
“Each single member of the NHS has been so supportive from the hospitals I have been to, together with Birmingham kids’s hospital, Sheffield kids’s hospital, and Pinderfields.
“Internally, I’m utterly superb. I used to be additionally instructed my hair would not develop again however miraculously it has. I can nonetheless lead a very regular life. I can drive and do on a regular basis actions.”
Regardless of all the things she has been by, Aleema has used it as a supply of power and he or she feels extra assured that she was earlier than.
“In a method, I’m now glad this occurred,” she says. “It is made me into a greater individual. My self-love and confidence have risen quickly.
“It is modified my life for the higher. I am a a lot stronger, braver and assured than I used to be earlier than.”
Aleema now makes use of her TikTok account – @aleemaxali – the place she shares make-up tutorials together with her 1000’s of followers.
The teenager has additionally launched a GoFundMe web page to assist elevate cash for pores and skin graft surgical procedure on her nostril and lips.
If you wish to donate, click on right here.
Again in 2018, the Medicines and Healthcare merchandise Regulatory Authority issued a warning about how a number of head lice merchandise, together with Full Marks, ought to be evaded bare flames.
The Proprietary Affiliation of Nice Britain, which represents over-the-counter medication producers, mentioned on the time: “You will need to reassure those who if utilized in accordance with the clear on-pack directions and the affected person leaflet data inside, head lice remedies are an appropriately protected solution to remove head lice and eggs.”
LADbible has contacted Reckitt Benckiser, the corporate which makes Full Marks Resolution, for a remark.